Lady Rakasha has been modeling with Gloomth on and off for several years now! We love how she can transform into any character, with variety and expression. 😀
We’ve been interviewing all of the Gloomth Girls so you can see how wicked cool they are! It’s not always easy to tell how interesting and clever someone is from photos alone.
1. How did you get started modelling? I started out modelling with Gloomth, I didn’t have any experience before that. I had a lot of concerns, insecurities & worries, about it all at first, but I took a huge leap of faith & just went for it. I was very nervous, & wasn’t expecting to get a reply, but when they got back to me I couldn’t have been happier! It was definitely a huge confidence booster for me. Since then, Gloomth has become an important part of my life, because through working with them, I’ve made quite a few friends who mean a lot to me.
2. How long have you been modelling? Do you consider yourself a “professional model”? I’ve been doing this on & off for about 5 years now. I would say it’s more so a hobby of mine, so I wouldn’t really classify myself as a “professional model”. It’s not something I do where I’m really getting paid to be walking runways, or anything like that. I am not with an agency, nor would I even be accepted to one, due to my height. So as nice as the thought is of being a “professional” model, I really just enjoy doing it. The atmosphere, the people I meet, the fun we have on set, it’s just a wonderful experience I enjoy being a part of. If the opportunity came to call, I’d certainly give it a try, but as of right now I’m just a girl who enjoys modelling for the love of the artistic aspects of it & the fulfilment that bringing art to life gives me.
3. How did you choose your Gloomth model nickname? My Gloomth nick-name is a pen name I’ve used for about a decade. I use it for all my artistic work, be it writing, my traditional art (drawing etc.) & now modelling. Rakasha means demon & is a respelling I did playing around with the word “Rakshasa” which is a demon in Hindu mythology. They are shape shifters, who feed on the flesh & blood of humans & are in a sense, similar to vampires in western mythology. Lady being a rank of power & superiority added to Rakasha created the alter-ego I made for myself, symbolizing my superior, darker side, & taking on a new shape & persona. Allowing that bolder, more confident side of me, that isn’t afraid of expressing who I am, or what’s on my mind, to come out into the world. She is the separation of myself, the image I created, like my own super hero/villain.When I take on that persona the shy, timid, quiet Kimberly, steps out of the shadows & is reborn as Rakasha fierce, bold & strong.
4. Tell us about the craziest photoshoot you’ve ever participated in! Any silly mishaps? There have been a couple crazy/bizarre ones I’ve had to do. The craziest would probably have been over a year ago, I was doing a photoshoot for an acquaintances clothing line. It was still winter & about -20 degrees Celsius outside with the windchill. Because we had no where else to go, the other model & I had to change outside. Then we spent a few hours shooting in these dresses that were strapless ball gowns, so as you can imagine I was freezing! There were a lot of hills we had to walk over as well, which were really icy. So walking in my heels along the path was pretty dangerous. I slipped & fell a couple times despite the designer being nice enough to try & help me stay balanced. The saddest part of all was after all that hard work, & freezing my buns off, I only got to see 2 of the images taken, when the photographer promised to send me all of them on multiple occasions. The designer hasn’t even seen all the pictures herself, aside from the two I had to take off her page for my portfolio.
5.What’s your favorite Gloomth outfit? Can I pick all of them? I don’t think there is a single outfit in the line up that I don’t like lol. If I had to pick some favourites though, the Valerian Corset Dress is a real favourite for me. It’s definitely a stunner & very fancy, as well as the Valance Corset Dress! The Tuxedo Dress would be another one I’ve always loved & actually own. I’ve modelled it for Gloomth a few times & it’s just a lovely, classy looking dress you can wear any day!
6.What do you do outside of modelling? I am a certified make up artist, so outside of work or modelling I’m also trying to build up my make up portfolio. I’m really trying to do as much as I can before I start school next year & spare time becomes more limited. I also love going out & supporting the local music scene! Music wise, I’ve always loved metal (among many other types of music) & over the past year & a half I have become a rather involved & active participant in the scene. If Fallen Legion is playing, you can pretty much count on me being there, I haven’t missed a show yet & often run their merch table.
7.How would you describe your personal style? Do you prefer to dress up or be a slouch? My personal style is always changing, which keeps things interesting. I suppose over all it’s usually some form of gothic fashion or another, (dark, vivid colours, velvet, leather & lace fabrics etc.) I adore corsets, long skirts, & both Victorian & frilly Lolita styles dresses. But what ever I’m wearing I usually add a bit of a edge to it so to speak, like adding accessories with spikes, chains, skulls & crosses etc. But sometimes I just feel like throwing on a t-shirt & pair of jeans for the day, embracing pastels or even lazing around in a kigurumi. It all depends how I’m feeling, the way I dress often reflects myself, my mood & where I’m going.
8.What five things do you have with you in your bag/purse/whatever at all times? 1.My Lise Watier lipstick in Grenadine ( I have one in each bag), 2.hand sanitizer, 3.cellphone, 4. my usually empty wallet, 5. sunscreen & lots of it!!
9. If you had a marketing slogan or tag-line for yourself what would it be? It would probably be something like “Meow!” because I actually do meow quite often actually lol . Being the cat lady that I am, I meow at my kitties & it’s also my chosen method of killing an awkward silence.
10. What do you spend most of your online time doing? I often go on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Deviantart & Model Mayhem. Which isn’t too much different than what most people do. But I also spend time just researching different things I’m interested in or would like to learn how to do, or to understand things that interest me better. The internet is a great tool for networking with people, but there is also so much information on there & always something new to learn. I really enjoy embracing that aspect, I try to learn at least one new thing every day.
11.Top three worst movies you’ve ever seen? 1.Bucky Larson, Born to be a Star. -Those were precious hours of my life I will never get back!! I’ve never seen a more ridiculous movie in my life & good brain cells were lost that day… I highly recommend you avoid it. 2.Alexander. -This movie was just terrible on so many levels… they took one of my favourite figures from ancient history & ruined everything… I’m not sure who’s idea it was to cast Colin Farrell as Alexander, but I’m sure they’ve kicked themselves over it at least a few times since then. 3. The Princess & the Frog. – I had some really high expectations for this movie. Growing up I had a collection of the Brothers Grimm & Hans Christian Anderson stories that were a big part of my childhood, so I was looking forward to see how Disney brought this one to life. I expected them to do a little something different & make some changes as they usually do. I love their movies though, so I kept my hopes high. Unfortunately however, I was completely dumbfounded with what I ended up seeing. Although okay in some aspects, over all I found the movie (which was suppose to set some things straight with stereo typing issues they’ve had, previously) to be completely disrespectful & even racist. I couldn’t believe in this day & age I was actually seeing what I was seeing & was really disappointed in Disney for that.
12. Where else can we find you online? You can find me on Twitter, Tumblr, Deviantart & Model Mayhem & probably a Facebook page for my make up & modelling in the near future (once I have enough confidence in my portfolio to do it) If you have any of these accounts feel free to check out my pages, & to follow me! https://twitter.com/LadyRakasha http://ladyrakasha.tumblr.com/ http://www.ladyrakasha.deviantart.com/ http://www.modelmayhem.com/1177838