The Gloomth models are a little more like family than staff for us, as we tend to work with the same people repeatedly. If I mesh well creatively with someone it’s wonderful and worth revisiting time and again! We have systematically interviewed all the models in our regular roster in an attempt to show that they’re really as cool as they look. Some will also be providing articles for the ‘zine in the future!
GloomySunday is fairly fresh face to the Gloomth photoshoots but her skill for modeling and adorable style shine in every photo. This purple-haired gorgeous goth can be found rocking a pair of huge bunnyears as well as devilishly destroying a criminal teddy in our “Tea Party” story set!
GloomySunday put down her knife and answered a few questions for us:
1. How did you get started modeling?
I just asked.
2. How long have you been modeling? Do you consider yourself a “professional model”?
I don’t model on a regular basis, so I wouldn’t classify myself as being a professional model.
3. How did you choose your Gloomth model nickname?
Gloomy Sunday is a song originally by Reszo Seress. I am a big fan of urban myths and apparently this song was banned because it caused suicides. My favourite covers of this song comes from Billie Holiday, Bjork, and Emilie Autumn; she also mentions this song in “The Art of Suicide”.
4. Tell us about the craziest photoshoot you’ve ever participated in! Any silly mishaps?
The Museum photoshoot, I was putting the dress I was going to model on, but I couldn’t fit in it!
5. What’s your favorite Gloomth outfit?
It is a close battle between the “Anther” dress and “Kuro Lilly” dress, they are both equally beautiful.
6. What advice do you have for girls (and boys) wanting to break into the modeling world?
Be yourself! I know it sounds cliche, but there are way too many “cut-and-paste” models out there that nothing is different. Bring something new to the table… Like wearing bunny ears and wear a size 7!
7. How did you find out about Gloomth and get involved with us?
8. What do you do outside of modeling?
I love shopping, reading, singing, hanging out with friends, being a spaceman.
9. How would you describe your personal style? Do you prefer to dress up or be a slouch?
I would define my style as being damn fabulous. I love gothic lolita with lots of electro-goth elements, I also love the trad goth look, of course.
10. What five things do you have with you in your bag/purse/whatever at all times?
.*goes to check in purse* : chapstick, wallet, hello kitty coin purse, tampon, razor, copious amounts of receipts.
11. If you had a marketing slogan or tag-line for yourself what would it be?
Have a Gloomy day!
12. What do you spend most of your online time doing?
Facebook! and Frontierville!
13. What’s the one thing you love and wish everyone else knew about?
I love Faeries, I collect them and I own at least 10 Night Fairies, I am obsessed. I believe in faeries!
14. Top three worst movies you’ve ever seen?
“Death Tunnel”, the “Twilight” series, and “Splice”
15. Where else can we find you online?